Instructions & Rules for 2017 (Sat, Nov. 25 10am-7pm)
Thankscrimmage challenge bouts
Registration and Links for 2017 to be posted by August 31, 2017
Skaters, Refs/NSOs, and Vendors:
(Please register even if you plan to pay cash at the door)
The link to sign up for Refs/NSO's:
INTERESTED IN VENDING? Email email@example.com Fee is $45
1. Post challenge ideas and ads looking for team players in the in Facebook group. Please keep themes fun! Please post skill level desired (freshmeat, intermediate, advanced). Please state: womens, mens, coed or juniors. Note: A themed mixed league team will take priority over single league teams. Limit: 4 coed challenge slots.
Fill out a Team Challenge Google Doc for both teams
Here is an example of information that needs to be included in your googledoc:
Make sure to SHARE settings say "Anyone who has the link can EDIT" and copy your GoogleDoc link to the Thanscrimmage group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thankscrimmage/ for current rosters to sign up on.
2. Designate a captain to be the contact for the players and to submit completed roster and shirt colors to our team coordinator.
3. Make up your team of 16 players leaving 4 open slots for the day of Thankscrimmage (unless special permission approved by team coordinator). This will complete a full team of 20. Teams can be juniors (must be two full junior teams to be eligible for one challenge slot) or single sex-adult or adult coed.
4. Email the team coordinator your completed roster (Email just the google doc URL) with full names, derby names & numbers, home leagues, shirt colors and skill level by Nov 1st. You should have the challenge team listed as well. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. There will be up to 20 challenge slots and 40 teams allowed.
6. Even if you don't get on a pre-formed team, there will be at least two b/w scrimmages that you can sign up for (adults and juniors). Maximum team rosters allowed for each skater will be 3 teams. This is to allow for everyone a chance to participate. There will also be spots available on chosen teams the day of the event.
7. Ensure all listed skaters are registered.
Adult Skaters $25 on-line or $30 at the door. Cash only accepted. Junior Skaters: $20.00 On-line or cash at the door. Spectators will pay only $5 for an all day pass.
8. Must have proof of current medical/health insurance plan at the day of the event or sign a medical insurance waiver or WFTDA insurance. (This applies to ALL skaters and skating refs).
9. We will post the accepted teams and times on or after November 15.
10. Please pass the word along that we need volunteers, refs, and NSOs to make this event a success!
Questions on reffing & nsoing? Email Justin Bibe Justinbibe42@gmail.com